5.14.2014

A pocket full of Rye

Fine, so no points for originality in naming my post, but I was influenced by all the eponymous shops in Rye so let's just say it's a friendly tribute to them.



I had spotted a few pictures of Rye (which is in East Sussex, not Kent, which got me really confused as to what county we'd stayed in the night before) while hunting for a B&B in the area and as we had a few hours before we needed to set off to Warwick I thought we'd have a snoop around.

Although it's obviously pretty touristy, Rye still has a small-town feel about it and there's lots to explore. Unsurprisingly, the antique and vintage shops are over-priced (or maybe I'm just used to t'prices up North nowadays) but still interesting to wander around.




The cafes are cute and serve delicious mochas and yummy-looking pastries.



The pubs offer free wifi and big terraces full of flowers.



Basically, Rye is old and interesting and beautiful. Mermaid street is particularly famous and I can see why.




It's full of really pretty houses and of course I chose this one as my dream house:






Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his black and white cat...



I really wish we'd had more time to explore the town and the whole area. Maybe on our next trip back from France!

No comments:

Post a Comment