10.16.2013

Family time

A few weeks ago we had family over for a little pre-birthday visit. Boyfriend cooked his legendary boeuf bourguignon, we opened some good wine, and a grand time was had by all.


My Mum stayed on for a few days and we did a fair bit of exploring in the sunshine. Of course we had to go to Heptonstall, my favourite place for a walk.





You can't really tell from the picture but this house has the most perfect lawn I've ever seen. I just want to lie down on it and roll around.


The old graveyard by the church ruins is full of Greenwoods (my Mum's maiden name). Although my granddad came from further north, we decided there may be some of our ancestors in these parts.




I'm not usually a fan of graveyards but this one is quite magical and not creepy.








I'm so glad we made the most of the sun and the outside while we could because today it's absolutely pouring. We don't get that many permanently rainy days but this is one of them. I think I'll be keeping my desk lamp on all day....
 

1 comment: