8.14.2013

Bits and bobs

Ooops...has it really been that long? Have I really got 6 posts to write before you're all caught up with events? Can I hire someone to do this for me? Going out for afternoon ice creams and a bit of random lolling about seems to be taking up a lot of my time these days. Can you forgive me little bunnies? Picture me emerging from a long winter of hibernation in the Parisian smog, only to find myself in a (mostly) sunny field of daffodils and daisies (and charity shops). You can't blame me for making the most of it now can you?

To avoid a series of boring posts with no particular direction, and to make the task of writing this long awaited post less daunting for me, I'm going for a really quick summary of what's been going on lately. Ready? Steady? GOOOO!

There was a music festival with some lovely locals (including my cousin. Hi Snoo!!)


Then there was a first round of visitors (including this little cuddle monster)



And then a second round 


We did some stuff with them (some much prettier photos to follow, as soon as my talented photographer friend has finished editing them)




And at some point before/after/in between, we did some fun stuff just the two of us










 (This is my favourite photo because I can see my house!!)

Somewhere in the middle of all that, I (with much help from Boyfriend and from a lemon juice and olive oil recipe) cleaned, de-waxed, and basically de-disgusted the beautiful table and chairs that I found on Preloved. More on that soon.




Now on to some interesting facts that I haven't got photographic evidence of: Boyfriend has found a band and is currently at his weekly rehearsal! We've had our lovely neighbours round for drinks and laughs, and have exchanged a series of random objects over the last couple of days, including an owl shaped candle and a biscuit barrel from the 1950's! I've spent hours searching for a solution to my sofa problem. The solution is to wait until the perfect sofa enters my life and to do nothing towards finding it. It will come to me when it's ready. What else? I'm learning to live without a tumble dryer. Ask me about this again in January.


Most important of all: I've got about a billion things to show you in the house, but that would mean going around taking nice pictures, which would mean tidying up first, and that means getting all this translation work over and done with. It's going to have to be soon as we have more guests booked in for the weekend after next! I feel as if we're renting the most popular holiday cottage in the world and everyone wants to come and stay in it and do touristy stuff with us and eat ice cream and drink beer. It's a nice feeling.

1 comment: