1.02.2013

Liebster Award



"The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."


Today I received my first ever award from Jen over on little birdie!! Thank you so much! Nothing works like an award for putting a spring in your step. 

So in keeping with the rules, here are 11 random facts about me:

- I can't sleep without socks on, even in August
- I love all food that contains avocados and get quite obsessed with them from time to time
- I need a lot of sleep. 8 hours is the bare minimum, 10 hours is good, 12 hours straight would probably be my natural cycle if it were allowed
- I'm strongly attached to living things and would never let a houseplant die, including someone else's
- I love bunnies but I'm allergic to them and can never have one of my own  
- I'm told I do a very good impression of the kiwi bird
- I love going on road trips with my boyfriend to the type of destination that attracts mostly old age pensioners
- I dream of visiting the Iguazu falls
- As a teenager I was a fan of the Backstreet Boys and owned a pillow with Kevin Richardson's face on it
- I regularly purge my home of things I no longer need/like, it gives me a lovely feeling of peace
- My motto for this year is to try not to let others define who I am and who I grow into

   
 Now for my answers to Jen's questions:


 1 Bourbon cream or custard cream? custard cream
 
 2 Camping or luxury hotel? Depends on the location, I like both but usually end up in a B&B
 
 3 What's your favourite word? Windowsill
 
 4 What smell do you like the most? Fresh coffee in the morning
 
 5 What's the worst Christmas present you have ever received? Too many to list and it would make me sound ungrateful...let's just say I have a "present recycling drawer" and a little notebook. There's such a thing as present Karma.
 
 6 Which is your favourite season? Spring, because it's full of promises
 
 7 Lego or Playmobil? Sticky bricks!
 
 8 Who is your favourite actor? Heath Ledger because he looks just like my man
 
 9 Bright colours or pastel colours? Pastel or neon, no in-between
 
10 What is your ideal day off? A lie-in, a bit of blogging, exercise, shower, shopping or exploring, drinks and dinner with friends. Or just staying in bed with a good book.
 
11 If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? This is a hard one...I'd probably go for scones. With cheese. Cheese scones!

Here are my 11 questions to pass on:


1 - What's your favourite moment of the day?
2 - Hot or cold?
3 - Real tree or plastic tree?
4 - If you had the power of invisibility for an hour, what would you do?
5 - What are you the most proud of?
6 - Splurge or save?
7 - Hello Kitty or Winnie-the-Pooh?
8 - Cook or eat out?
9 - How old were you when you had your first kiss?
10 - What's the most touching thing anyone has ever said about/to you?
11-  What do you like most about blogging?


And here are the 11 blogs that I'm passing the award on to: these are the people I drink my morning tea with most days so go and snoop around in their fun little worlds!

Posie Gets Cozy
79 ideas
Hapiness is...
Sweat peach
The Home of Bambou
Diary of a vintage girl
Design gratis
Vloud
Muddy Boots
Tabiboo
The Bloggess


That's all from the rabbit hole, thanks again for the award Jen! xx

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I loved reading your answers! Sounds like we are a lot alike :) xo

    ReplyDelete