5.23.2012

Surprise weekend

And the surprise destination was (drumroll).....



Saint Germain-en-laye! Also known as a very quaint parisian suburb. Actually it almost felt like a seaside town with its trendy little shops, friendly inhabitants and affordable restaurants, except there's no sea. BUT there is a forest that starts right in the Château gardens, so there's that.


I'll try to sum up the weekend in pictures. It seems to have involved lots of food:


breakfast

lunch

brunch (REAL English scones! yum!)

A bit of culture, thanks to a Debussy concert and the European Night of Museums which meant we had a wild saturday night visiting the Château-turned-archeology museum until 11PM (after dining on wine and cheese. Needless to say I was dragging myself around that château). On sunday we even tried out an organ concert and learned how organs work! Pretty complicated stuff...I may have nodded off for a minute...



And a healthy amount of shopping! Something that really got my attention in St Germain was the shop windows and how beautiful they were:


The sweetest tea shop (complete with grumpy old lady inside!)



The yummiest cheese shop

Cupcakes!!

               
This is a bakery/cooking school where lots of little children were learning how to bake macaroons. Un cliché s'il-vous-plaît !




We had to sample a mini cherry tart from the cooking school. Oh and some chocolate from a local artisan.






















Add all this to the champagne in our hotel room and you've got yourself a recipe for a perfectly yummy (cloudy) weekend!




Next I'll tell you all about the flea market we came across and what we took home with us!

2 comments:

  1. This post is making me hungry, very hungry ... There's a reason I gain weight whenever I spend the smallest amount of time in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to find your blog, too. I can already tell that I will be living vicariously through your photos!

    xoxo,
    Shannon Darrough

    ReplyDelete